Comments from Toady about Stars 'n Toads office humor comic strips. He might be happy, frustrated, mad or sad, but in this blog Toady tells how various 'toons came about. Also, an opportunity for his readers (stars, of course) to comment back. Ribet!

Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas Party Dies When the Boss Arrives

Christmas parties are the strangest things. After all, who wants to party with their boss. What if your boss is of the opposite sex?

What if you are both married, or only one of you is,
or what if you are both single?

What if you have too much to drink and say something which might be held against you?

Who wants to party with people they spend the whole day with every day?

Or if it's a company wide party, why would you party with people you don't even know?

If your spouse is having a party the same time, whose party do you go to?

I haven't figured out how to make this stuff funny yet, but I'm working on it.

I do remember a couple of very fun Christmas parties. The one where the director's secretary kissed me good night. I was single, her hubby gave up on her long before, and she
had had too many drinks.

Then there were the white-elephant exchanges where the boss got a cow-pie clock. Another time I played carols on the piano and everyone sang. And many more, good and not-so-good.

I'm glad I don't have one this year!

Merry Christmas to You.

Toady

See the Cartoons at Christmas Party Humor Cartoon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home