Comments from Toady about Stars 'n Toads office humor comic strips. He might be happy, frustrated, mad or sad, but in this blog Toady tells how various 'toons came about. Also, an opportunity for his readers (stars, of course) to comment back. Ribet!

Monday, October 17, 2005

Night Shift = Toothpicks

"I was so tired I had to pry my eyes open with toothpicks!"
That was a quote from my sweetheart. She is an RN and worked for years doing
the 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. shift tending intensive care premature babies. I thought it was a
rather graphic way to describe how it gets sometimes when someone is sleepy and can't go to sleep.

When we were dating, 1000 miles long distance and in different time zones,
I used to call her at 4 a.m. her time. She was always pretty perky then, though her
cohorts in the ICU wondered about a fiance who could be perky at that hour.

My experience is that most people doing night shifts figure out how to live with it, but every onece in a while, most people feel like they could use some toothpicks.

See how Toady does it at Night Shift = Toothpicks

Toady Rocks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home