Comments from Toady about Stars 'n Toads office humor comic strips. He might be happy, frustrated, mad or sad, but in this blog Toady tells how various 'toons came about. Also, an opportunity for his readers (stars, of course) to comment back. Ribet!

Monday, March 06, 2006

I Know Why I'm Having A Bad Day

This was a favorite line in one of the departments I worked in. Whenever someone was having a bad day, we told the victim he or she should have gone to church on Sunday.

Likewise, if something good happened we told the lucky party
it was a good thing they went, or if there was potential for a disaster we said we hoped they went.

It was always good for a chuckle in a tense moment.

I don't know where this originated, since they were doing it before I got to the department, but I give credit to one of my friends there. She said it before I did but we all used it sometimes. We had a lot of tense moments, but there was usually some fun to be had since the "root cause" was ALWAYS someone else. Little quips like: I hope you went to church on Sunday" helped keep things in perspective.
I should note that we rarely knew, or cared, who went to church on any given Sunday. It was not a religious statement, but thought of concern for a friend in a tight situation, and a subtle acknowledgement that with the right help we could always pull out a miracle for our crazy customers.

Repentance on a Bad Day Cartoon showing Toady under his problem bricks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home