Comments from Toady about Stars 'n Toads office humor comic strips. He might be happy, frustrated, mad or sad, but in this blog Toady tells how various 'toons came about. Also, an opportunity for his readers (stars, of course) to comment back. Ribet!

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Boss Out Of Gas Increases Office Productivity

You can view this great cartoon at TOADY'S OFFICE PRODUCTIVITY CARTOON site.



Here's how this cartoon came to be...



You see, one day as I pulled out onto the freeway my little gas efficient toad-mobile, I was nearly run off the road by a big new gas-guzzling suburban type tank. He zoomed on up the hill and I edged into traffic. Pretty normal stuff for a little toad.



I was enjoying some nice tunes while I thought up some nice 'toons when I noticed that same big tank car stopped at the side of the road in front of me. The rear door was open and a big turkey had a gas can in his hand. Then I recognized the driver: My boss's boss's boss from work. I thought about stopping but I was in the wrong lane and couldn't hardly get over in time without causing an accident. Besides, there was a gas station about 2 miles away and he could probably use the exercise. Besides, it served him right for being such a jerk! Besides, I was laughing so hard I couldn't possibly have stopped for anything.



He looked so upset. I think there was a VP sitting in his office when he arrived. All of us Toads and Stars had quite a good joke over it. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving bird! I tried for months to put it into a 'toon without looking mean and decided the office productivity approach would be funniest. I am really a very nice toad, but it just wasn't possible to manage up on a day like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home